The following is a selection of readings that broadly reflect my perspective on anarchism. I do not endorse any of them uncritically or totally. This is a work in progress.
- Statement of Principles, 2013, by Anarchist Affinity.
- Proudhon, Marx and Anarchist Social Analysis (pdf), 2009, from Black Flame by Michael Schmidt and Lucien van der Walt.
- Counterpower, participatory democracy, revolutionary defence: debating Black Flame, revolutionary anarchism and historical Marxism, 2011, Lucien van der Walt, in International Socialism issue 130. Excellent piece for any discussion on where Marxist groups and anarchists might agree, and where they significantly diverge.
- Social Anarchism and Organisation, 2004, by Federação Anarquista do Rio de Janeiro.
- Anarkismo editorial statement, ?, based on an earlier document by the WSM.
- Organisational Platform of the General Union of Anarchists (Draft), 1926, by Group of Russian Anarchists Abroad
- The Tyranny of Structurelessness, 1973, by Joreen or Jo Freeman.
On the State
- Marxism, Freedom and the State, a collection of extracts from Mikhail Bakunin writngs 1967-1872 on the conflict with Karl Marx in the First International, compiled and introduced by K. J. Kenafick.
- Against Authority and the State, 2016, position statement, by Anarchist Affinity.
- On Reformism, by Errico Malatesta, from “Malatesta: His Life & Ideas”, ed. Vernon Richards, Freedom Press, 1993.
- ‘The Objectives of Anarcho-Syndicalism’ from Anarcho-syndicalism by Rudolf Rocker, 1938. Included for it’s critique of the parliamentary road to socialism.
- ‘The Methods of Anarcho-Syndicalism’ from Anarcho-Syndicalism by Rudolf Rocker, 1938. Included for it’s description of the anarchists’ attitude toward the struggle for political liberties.
- You Can’t Blow up a Social Relationship – the Anarchist Case Against Terrorism, 1979, by Libertarian Socialist Organisation, Libertarian Workers for a Self Managed Society, Monash Anarchist Society and Adelaide Libertarian Socialists.
- Defense of the Revolution, various extracts from 1920-24, by Errico Malatesta, from “Malatesta: His Life & Ideas”, ed. Vernon Richards, Freedom Press, 1993.
- Anarchist Politics and Direct Action, by Rob Sparrow, undated, Spunk Library.
- The Labour Movement and Anarchism, by Errico Malatesta, from Errico Malatesta: The anarchist revolution: Polemical articles 1924-1931, Freedom Press.
- Insurrections at the intersections: feminism, intersectionality and anarchism (pdf), by Abbey Volcano and J Rogue, 2012, a chapter from the second edition of Quiet Rumours: An Anarcha-Feminist Reader from AK Press.
- Privilege and Oppression, 2016, position statement, by Anarchist Affinity.
- Whiteness and Blackness in the Koori Struggle for Self-Determination, Gary Foley, 1999. Online at the Koori History Website.
- White Supremacy and Anti-Racism, ?, position statement, by Federación Anarquista Rosa Negra.
- Antifascist Political Work, 2015, position statement, by Anarchist Affinity.
- Marx’s Economics for Anarchists: An Anarchist’s Introduction to Marx’s Critique of Political Economy, 2012, by Wayne Price.
- The Bolsheviks and Workers Control, 1970, by Maurice Brinton.